ACM BCB 2014 is issuing a Call for Highlights due July 3, 2014.
This is the fifth year for the SIGBIO conference on Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Health Informatics. It will be held September 20-23 in Newport Beach, CA. For further information, please see http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/ACM-BCB2014/.
In addition to full papers currently being reviewed, we are soliciting abstracts for the Highlights Track of the Conference based on relevant papers published after March 1, 2013, or papers that are "in press" at the time of submission and are?already available electronically through a journal web site. Presentations will be selected based on the following criteria: impact of the work on the field, likelihood that the presentation will be of general interest for the audience, and relevance of the topic to computational biology or biomedical research.
Authors of accepted abstracts for the Highlights Track are expected to present their work at the conference and must pay the registration fees to attend the conference.
Interested authors should submit a single document with the following information:
- Name, affiliation, and contact email of the presenting author.
- Abstract (up to 250 words). This can be the abstract from the published paper, or it?can differ by explaining why the presentation will be of interest to the ACM-BCB audience,?or by including new results. Note that this abstract is for review purposes only. Only the titles of the Highlights talks will be printed in the program.
- Bibliographic information of the corresponding paper. For review purposes, we must be able to access the?publication online.
- Optional (no more than 1/3 page): information describing the presentation skills of the speaker?(e.g. a short list of previous conference talks, teaching experience, links to videos?of past presentations).
The submissions site is available through EasyChair:
Note that all co-authors of the presented papers must agree to the submission. It is the responsibility of the?submitter to enter all co-author email addresses during the submission process; email notifications of the submission will be sent to all co-authors.
- Submission deadline: July 3, 2014
- Acceptance notification: July 15, 2014