Department of Computer Science and Engineering
University at Buffalo, The State University of New York
338 Davis Hall
Buffalo, NY 14260-2500
Phone: (716) 645-4769
FAX: (716) 645-3464
My New Web Page at University of Virginia
My full cv
My short bio from a tribute to UB women
- 2019 -- present:
a William Wulf Faculty Fellow and Professor of Computer Science, with joint appointments
in Department of Biomedical Engineering and Data Science Institute,
School of Engineering and Applied Science, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA.
- September, 2015 -- 2018: Program Director, NSF/CISE/IIS (On leave from UB).
- 2014 -- Present: SUNY Distinguished Professor.
This is the highest academic rank available for any faculty member in the State University of New York
conferred by a vote of the Board of Trustees of the State University of New York. As stated on the
the Distinguished Professorship is conferred upon individuals who have achieved
national or international
prominence and a distinguished reputation within a chosen field. This distinction is
attained through significant
contributions to the research literature or through artistic performance or
achievement in the case of the arts.
The candidates' work must be of such character that the individuals'
presence will tend to elevate the standards of
scholarship of colleagues both within and beyond these
persons' academic fields.
- 2009 -- 2015: Department Chair.
- 2012 -- 2014: UB Distinguished Professor
- ACM Fellow, 2017
- Best paper award, BIBM 2017
- Best paper award, ASONAM 2016
- SUNY Distinguished Professor, 2014
- Member of SUNY Research Council, 2012-2013
(an advisory body to the SUNY
Board of Trustees, the Research Foundation Board of Directors,
the SUNY Provost and Campus Presidents).
- UB Distinguished Professor, 2012.
- ACM SIG Bioinformatics Chair, 2011-2015
- IEEE Fellow, 2009
- CSE faculty Spring 2004 Distinguished Teacher Award, 2004
- Exceptional Scholar Award, University at Buffalo, 2003
- SUNY Chancellor's Research Recognition Award, 2002
- NSF CAREER Award, 1998
Summary: Published over 320 peer reviewed publications (including 2 best paper awards,
My first book: Advanced Analysis of Gene Expression Microarray Data
1 best student paper award, 3 books, 96 journal papers and over 200 conference papers)
and is credited with major conceptual and practical advances in her fields,
such as WaveCluster,
bridging centrality and concepts-bridges.
My second book: Protein Interaction Networks: Computational Analysis (Cambridge University Press)
My publications after 2000
My publications before 2000