- Preferences, Queries, Logics.
DBRank'11, August 2011, Seattle, Washington. Keynote talk.
- Preference Queries over Sets.
ICDE'11, April 2011, Hannover, Germany.
- Foundations of Preference Queries.
Lectures given at University of Calabria, May 2010.
- Discovering Relative Importance of Skyline Attributes.
VLDB'09, August 2009, Lyon, France.
- Semantics and Evaluation of Top-K Queries
in Probabilistic Databases. September 2008.
- Database Consistency: Logic-Based Approaches.
Lectures given at Warsaw University (April 2007), University of Calabria (June 2007),
and Free University of Bozen-Bolzano (June 2008).
- Valid Query Answers for XML. June 2007.
- Consistent Query Answering: Five Easy Pieces.
ICDT'07, January 2007, Barcelona, Spain. Keynote talk.
Slightly updated version (invited tutorial at SUM'08).
- Consistent Query Answering: Opportunities and
Limitations. LAAIC, September 2006, Cracow, Poland. Keynote talk.
- Validity-Sensitive Querying of XML Databases.
DataX, March 2006. Munich, Germany.
- Iterative Modification and Incremental Evaluation of Preference Queries.
FOIKS, February 2006, Budapest, Hungary. Requires TexPoint.
- Consistent Query Answers
in Inconsistent Databases. April 2006.
- Towards a Decision Query Language.
Italian Symposium on Databases (SEBD), June 2004, Pula, Italy. Keynote talk.
Updated version, May 2006.
- Semantic Optimization of Preference Queries.
Symposium on Applications of Constraint Databases, June 2004, Paris, France.
- Optimization of Preference Queries.
Dagstuhl seminar 04271 "Preferences," June 2004.
- Consistent Query Answering: Recent Developments
and Future Directions. Sixth IFIP TC-11 WG 11.5 Working Conference on
Integrity and Internal Control in Information Systems, November 2003, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Towards Practical Computation of Consistent Query Answers.
COLOGNET Workshop on Logic-based Methods for Information Integration, August 2003, Vienna, Austria.
- Consistent Answers to Quantifier-Free
Queries. Dagstuhl Seminar 03241, June 2003.
- Database Challenges of Spatiotemporal Data.
Workshop on Spatiotemporal Data Models for Biogeophysical Fields, April 2002, San Diego, California.
- Data Models and Query
Languages for Spatiotemporal Databases.
Workshop on Complex Reasoning on Geographical Data, December 2001, Paphos, Cyprus. Invited talk.
- Logic-based Approaches
to Novel Applications of Databases. September 2001.
- Scalar Aggregation
in FD-Inconsistent Databases. January 2001.
- Conflict Resolution
in Policy Management. October 2000.
- Temporal Databases.
March 1998. Presented at EDBT'98 and ICTL'97.