Last Update: 27 September 2010
material is highlighted
Note: A username and password may be required to access certain
Here are some more sentences for you to try to translate into FOL.
They will prove helpful later on in the semester.
Syntax & Semantics for Translation
|Archer(x)||x is an archer|
|HasArrows(x)||x has arrows|
|Target(x)||x is an target|
- Every archer has arrows.
- Some archers have no arrows.
- Every archer hits a target.
- Every target is hit by some archer.
- Every archer hits his own target.
- An alternative way to say the exact same thing:
- Every archer hits a different target.
- No archer hits more than one target.
(don't look until you've tried these!)
Text copyright © 2010 by William J. Rapaport
Cartoon links and screen-captures appear here for your enjoyment.
They are not meant to infringe on any copyrights held by the creators.
For more information on any cartoon, click on it, or contact me.