- Other lists of papers/topics: [ List
1 ] [ List
2 ] [ List
3 ] [ List
4 ] [
List 5 ] [ List
6 ] [ List
7 ] [ List
8 ] [ List
9 ] [ List
10 ] [ List
11 ] [ List
- Optical Switching Networks [Designs, Evaluation, Complexity,
- Hung Q. Ngo, Dazhen Pan, and Yuanyuan Yang, Optical
Switching Networks with Minimum Number of Limited Range Wavelength
Converters, in Proceedings of the 24rd conference of the IEEE
Communications Society (INFOCOM 2005), Mar 13-17, 2005, Miami, Florida,
- Hung Q. Ngo, Multiwavelength
Distribution Networks, in Proceedings of the 2004 Workshop on
High Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2004), pp. 186--190,
IEEE, April 18-21, 2004, Phoenix, Arizona.
- Dazhen Pan, Vishal Anand, and Hung Q. Ngo, Cost-effective
constructions for nonblocking WDM multicast switching networks,
in Proceedings of the 2004 International Conference on Communications
(ICC 2004), IEEE, June 20-24, 2004, Paris, France.
- Hung Q. Ngo, Dazhen Pan, and Chunming Qiao, Nonblocking
WDM switches base on arrayed waveguide grating and limited wavelength
conversion, in Proceedings of the 23rd conference of the IEEE
Communications Society (INFOCOM 2004), Mar 7-11, 2004, Hong Kong,
- Hung Q. Ngo and Van H. Vu, On
Multirate Rearrangeable Clos Networks and a Generalized Edge Coloring
Problem on Bipartite Graphs, SIAM Journal on Computing, vol.
32 (2003), no. 4, pp. 1040--1049.
- Hung Q. Ngo,
A New Routing Algorithm for Multirate Rearrangeable Clos Networks,
Theoretical Computer Science, vol. 290 (2003), no. 3, pp. 2157-2167.
- Hung Q. Ngo and Ding-Zhu Du, Notes
on Complexity of Switching Networks, in Switching Networks:
Recent Advances, Kluwer Academic Publisher (June 2001).
- The Cutting EDGE of IP Router Configuration
by Jennifer Rexford et. al.
- M. Waldvogel, G. Varghese, J. Turner, and B. Plattner, Scalable
High Speed IP Routing Lookups. In Proc. SIGCOMM '97, pp. 25-36,
Cannes, France, September 1997.
- C. Partridge et al., A 50 Gb/s IP Router, IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking,
Vol. 6, No. 3, pp. 237-248, June 1998.
- V. Srinivasan, G. Varghese, "Fast Address Lookups Using
Controlled Prefix Expansion," ACM Transactions on Computing
- P. Gupta, N. Mckeown, "Algorithms for Packet Classification"
IEEE Network, March 2001.
- P. Gupta, Algorithms for Routing Lookups and Packet Classification,
Stanford PhD thesis (look at Chapters 1 and 4).
- N. McKeown, A. Mekkittikul, V. Anantharam, J. Walrand. "Achieving
100% Throughput in an Input-Queued Switch" IEEE Transactions
on Communications, Vol.47, No.8, August 1999.
- D. Shah, P. Giaccone, B. Prabhakar, "Efficient randomized
algorithms for input-queued switch scheduling", IEEE Micro
, Vol.22, No.1, pp.10-18, Jan.-Feb. 2002
- Internet Domain Name System, Content Distribution Networks and
- Jaeyeon Jung, Emil Sit, Hari Balakrishnan, and Robert Morris,
Performance and the Effectiveness of Caching, Proc. ACM SIGCOMM
Internet Measurement Workshop, San Francisco, CA, November 2001.
- Balachander Krishnamurthy, Craig Wills and Yin Zhang, On
the Use and Performance of Content Distribution Networks, Proc.
ACM SIGCOMM Internet Measurement Workshop, San Francisco, CA, November
- Mockapetris and Dunlap, Development
of the Domain Name System, In Proceedings of SIGCOMM '88, pages
123-133, April 1988.
- Jia Wang, A Survey of
Web Caching Schemes for the Internet, ACM Computer Communication
Review (CCR), Vol. 29, No. 5, October 1999.
- Kirk L. Johnson and John F. Carr and Mark S. Day and M. Frans
Kaashoek, The Measured Performance
of Content Distribution Networks, In Proceedings of the 5th
International Web Caching and Content Delivery Workshop, 2000.
- Zhuoqing Morley Mao, Charles D. Cranor, Fred Douglis, Michael
Rabinovich, Oliver Spatscheck, and Jia Wang, A
Precise and Efficient Evaluation of the Proximity between Web Clients
and Their Local DNS Servers, Proceedings of the 2002 USENIX
Annual Technical Conference.
- Mobile IP
- Charles Perkins, Mobile
IP, IEEE Communications Magazine, vol. 35, no. 5, pp. 84-99,
- Charles Perkins, Mobile Networking Through Mobile IP.
- Charles Perkins, Nomadicity:
How Mobility Will Affect the Protocol Stack
Mobility Support for IPv4 (RFC 3344)
- P. Reinbold and O. Bonaventure, A
Survey of IP Micro Mobility Protocol, Tech. Rep. Infonet-TR-2002-06,
University of Namur, Infonet Group, June 2002.
- Applicability Statement for IP Mobility Support (RFC 2005) (10509
- Mobile Ad hoc Networking (MANET): Routing Protocol Performance
Issues and Evaluation Considerations
- Review of Roaming Implementations (RFC 2194) (81533 bytes)
- The Network Access Identifier (RFC 2486) (14261 bytes)
- Proxy Chaining and Policy Implementation in Roaming (RFC 2607)
- IETF IP Routing for Wireless/Mobile Hosts Working Group
- IETF Mobile Ad-hoc Networks (manet) Working Group
- IETF Roaming Operations (roamops) Working Group
- Congestion Control
- D.-M. Chiu and R. Jain, Analysis of the Increase and Decrease
Algorithms for Congestion Avoidance in Computer Networks. Computer
Networks and ISDN Systems, Vol. 17, pp. 1-14, 1989.
- K. K. Ramakrishnan and R. Jain, A Binary Feedback Scheme for Congestion
Avoidance in Computer Networks, ACM Transactions on Computer Systems
(TOCS), Vol. 8, No. 2, pp 158-181, May, 1990.
- V. Jacobson and M. Karels, Congestion
avoidance and control, Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM'88 (Palo Alto,
CA), pp.314-329, August 1988
- S. Floyd, and V. Jacobson, "Random
Early Detection Gateways for Congestion Avoidance", IEEE/ACM
Transactions on Networking, V.1, N.4, August 1993, p. 397-413.
- C. Q. Yang and Reddy A. A
taxonomy for congestion control algorithms in packet switching networks.
IEEE Network Magazine, 9:34--45, 1995
- Floyd, S.,TCP and Explicit
Congestion Notification, AC M Computer Communication Review,
V. 24,N. 5, October 1994, p. 10 -23.
- Mathis, M., Mahdav i, J., Floyd, S., TCP
Selective Acknowledgement Options, and Romanow, A., RFC 2018,
- S. Floyd, and V. Jacobson, Random
Early Detection Gateways for Congestion Avoidance, IEEE/ACM
Transactions on Networking, V.1, N.4, August 1993, p. 397-413.
Congestion Control (RFC 2581)
- S. Keshav, "A
Control Theoretic Approach to Flow Control", SIGCOMM'91,
Zurich, Switzerland, Sept. 1991, 3-16.
- Queue Management
- A. Demers, S. Keshav, and S. Shenker, Analysis and Simulation
of a Fair Queueing Algorithm, Internetworking: Research and Experience,
Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 3-26, 1990 (we will read the SIGCOMM '89 version).
- S. Floyd and K. Fall, Promoting the Use of End-to-End Congestion
Control in the Internet, under submission (IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking),
- Dimitrios Stiliadis, Anujan Varma,
Efficient Fair-Queueing Algorithms for Packet-Switched Networks
(1998), IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking
- The Effects of Active Queue Management
on Web Performance by Le et. al.
- Design of a Robust Active Queue
Management Algorithm Based on Feedback by Zhang et. al.
- Persistent Dropping: An Efficient
Control of Traffic Aggregates by Jamjoom et. al.
- Ion Stoica, Scott Shenker, Hui Zhang, "Core-Stateless
Fair Queueing: A Scalable Architecture to Approximate Fair Bandwidth
Allocations in High Speed Networks", ACM SIGCOMM'98.
- Traffic engineering
- Deriving Traffic Demands
for Operational IP Networks: Methodology and Experience, by
Anja Feldmann, Albert Greenberg, Carsten Lund, Nick Reingold, Jennifer
Rexford, and Fred True. Proceedings of ACM SIGCOMM, Stockholm, Sweden,
- An Information-Theoretic
Approach to Traffic Matrix Estimation, by Yin Zhang, Matthew
Roughan, Carsten Lund and David Donoho, in Proceedings of the 2003
ACM SIGCOMM Conference, Karlsruhe, Germany, August 2003.
- Guidelines for interdomain
traffic engineering by Nick Feamster, Jay Borkenhagen, and Jennifer
Rexford, to appear in ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communications Review,
- B. Fortz, J.Rexford, M. Thorup, " Traffic engineering with
Traditional IP Routing Protocols", IEEE Communications Magazine,
Oct. 2002, pp. 118-124.
- D.O. Awduche. " MPLS and Traffic engineering in IP Networks",
IEEE Communications Magazine, Dec. 1999, pp. 42-47.
- Y. Wang, Z. Wang, L. Zhang, " Internet Traffic Engineering
without Full Mesh Overlaying", INFOCOM 2001.
- A. Sridharan, R. Guerin and C. Diot, " Achieving Near-Optimal
Traffic Engineering Solutions for Current OSPF/IS-IS Networks",
to appear in IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking, Jan, 2005.
- B. Fortz, M. Thorup,&npsp;" Internet Traffic Engineering
by Optimizing OSPF Weights", INFOCOM 2000.
- R.G. Gallager. " A minimum delay routing algorithm using
distributed computation", IEEE transactions on communications,
Jan 1977, pp. 73-85.
- Mobility and Wireless Internetworking, Media Access
- A. Myles, D. Johnson, C. Perkins, A Mobile Host Protocol Supporting
Route Optimization and Authentication, IEEE Journal on Selected
Areas in Communications, Vol. 13, No. 5, pp. 839-849, June 1995.
- H. Balakrishnan, S. Seshan, and R. Katz, Improving Reliable Transport
and Handoff Performance over Wireless Networks, ACM Wireless Networks,
Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 469-481, December 1995.
- V. Bharghavan, A. Demers, S. Shenker, and L. Zhang. MACAW: A Media
Access Protocol for Wireless LANs, In Proc. SIGCOMM '94, pp. 212-225,
London, U.K., September 1994.
- T. Shepard, A Channel Access Scheme for Large Dense Packet Radio
Networks. In Proc. SIGCOMM '96, pp. 219-230, Stanford, CA, August
- Beyond Best-Effort: Integrated and Differentiated Services
- D. Clark, S. Shenker, and L. Zhang, Supporting Real-Time Applications
in an Integrated Services Packet Network: Architecture and Mechanisms.
In Proc. SIGCOMM '92, Baltimore, MD, August 1992.
- K. Nichols, V. Jacobson, L. Zhang, A Two-bit Differentiated Services
Architecture for the Internet, Internet Draft, Bay Networks and
UCLA, November 1997.
- Overlay networks
- D. Anderson, H. Balakrishnan, F. Kaashoek, R. Morris, The
case for resilient overlay networks, Proc. HotOS VIII, May 2001.
- Nick Feamster, David Andersen, Hari Balakrishnan, and Frans Kaashoek,
the Effects of Internet Path Faults on Reactive Routing, ACM
SIGMETRICS 2003, San Diego, CA, June 2003.
- David G. Andersen, Alex C. Snoeren, and Hari Balakrishnan, Best-Path
vs. Multi-Path Overlay Routing, Internet Measurement Conference
(IMC) 2003, Miami, FL, October 2003.
- Suman Banerjee, Bobby Bhattacharjee and Christopher Kommareddy,
Scalable Application Layer
Multicast, ACM SIGCOMM 2002
- Suman Banerjee, Seungjoon Lee, Bobby Bhattacharjee, Aravind Srinivasan,
Resilient Multicast using Overlays,
ACM SIGMETRICS 2003
- Yang-hua Chu, Sanjay G. Rao, and Hui Zhang, A
Case for End System Multicast, ACM SIGMETRICS 2000
- Internet routing security
- Shining Light
on Dark Address Space by Arbor Networks 2001
Vulnerability Analysis: draft-jones-ospf-vuln-01.txt
- Topology-based detection of anomalous
BGP messages, by C. Kruegel, D. Mutz, W. Robertson, F. Valeur
- Stephen Kent, Charles Lynn, and Karen Seo. " Secure
Border Gateway Protocol (S-BGP)," IEEE Journal on Selected
Areas in Communications, vol.18, no.4, 2000. pp. 582-592. (also
- Xiaoliang Zhao, Dan Pei, Lan Wang, Dan Massey, Allison Mankin,
S. Felix Wu, and Lixia Zhang. "Detection
of Invalid Routing Announcement in the Internet", DSN 2002
- Security for overlay/P2P services
- David G. Andersen, Mayday: Distributed
Filtering for Internet Services, 4th Usenix Symposium on Internet
Technologies and Systems, Seattle, Washington, March 2003
- Derba Cook, Analysis
of Routing Algorithms for Secure Overlay Service, Columbia University
- John R. Douceur. The Sybil
- Emil Sit and Robert Morris,
Security Considerations for Peer-to-Peer Distributed Hash Tables,
- Landon P. Cox and Brian D. Noble, Samsara:
Honor Among Thieves in Peer-to-Peer Storage,
- D. Wallach. " A Survey of Peer-to-Peer Security Issues,"
International Symposium on Software Security, Tokyo, Japan, November
- E. Sit and R. Morris. " Security Considerations for Peer-to-Peer
Distributed Hash Tables," IPTPS'02, 2002.
- M. Castro, P. Druschel, A. Ganesh, A. Rowstron, and D. S. Wallach.
" Secure routing for structured peer-to-peer overlay networks,"
OSDI'02, Boston, MA, December 2002.
- P2P networks
- I. Stoica, R. Morris, D. Karger, F. Kaashoek, H. Balakrishnan,
A Scalable Peer-To-Peer Lookup Service for Internet Applications,
- S. Ratnasamy, P. Francis, M. Handley, R. Karp, S. Shenker, A
Scalable Content-Addressable Network, ACM Sigcomm 2001
- B. Zhou, D. A. Joseph, J. Kubiatowicz, Tapestry:
a fault tolerant wide area network infrastructure, Sigcomm 2001
poster and UC Berkeley Tech. Report UCB/CSD-01-1141.
- A. Rowstron and P. Druschel, Pastry:
Scalable, distributed object location and routing for large-scale
peer-to-peer systems, IFIP/ACM International Conference on Distributed
Systems Platforms (Middleware), Heidelberg, Germany, pages 329-350,
- J. Kubiatowicz,et al., OceanStore: An
Architecture for Global-Scale Persistent Storage, In Proceedings
of the Ninth international Conference on Architectural Support for
Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS 2000), November
- Russ Cox, Athicha Muthitacharoen, and Robert Morris,, Serving
DNS using Chord, In the Proceedings of the 1st International
Workshop on Peer-to-Peer Systems (IPTPS), Cambridge, MA, March 2002.
- Internet Indirection Infrastructure
- A. Rowstron, A-M. Kermarrec, P. Druschel and M. Castro, SCRIBE:
The design of a large-scale event notification infrastructure,
IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communication (JSAC), Vol. 20,
No, 8, October 200
- K. Sripanidkulchai, A. Ganjam, B. Maggs, H. Zhang, ``The Feasibility
of Peer-to-Peer Architectures for Large-Scale Live Streaming Application'',
ACM SIGCOMM'04 .
- Multimedia Networking
- C. Perkins, O. Hodson, and V. Hardman, "A
Survey of Packet Loss Recovery Techniques for Streaming Audio",
IEEE Network, Vol. 12, No. 5, Sept./Oct. 1998.
- S. Bajaj, L. Breslau, S. Shenker, Uniform Versus Priority Drop for
Layered Video, Proc. SIGCOMM '98, Vancouver, Canada.
Schulzrinne's RTP site
Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) | RFC
Protocol (RSVP) | RFC
comparison of Internet audio compression formats
Introduction to MPEG Video Compression
(with a lot of info on video formats)
- Exploring and measuring the Internet
- Internet Routing Policies
- G Siganos, M Faloutsos, Analyzing BGP policies: Methodology and
tool, INFOCOM 2004. [ .pdf
- David Boggs, Jeffrey Mugul, Christopher Kent, "Measured
Capacity of an Ethernet: Myths and Reality", SIGCOMM 1988.
- V. Paxson, End-to-End
Routing Behavior in the Internet, IEEE/ACM Trans. on Networking,
Vol. 5, No. 5, pp. 601-615, October 1997 (Earlier version in SIGCOMM
- Hari Balakrishnan, Venkata Padmanabhan, Srini Seshan, Mark Stemm
and Randy H. Katz, "TCP
Behavior of a Busy Internet Server: Analysis and Improvements".
- Vern Paxson, Some
Not-So-Pretty Admissions About Dealing With Internet Measurements,
talk at NRDM 2001
- T. S. E. Ng and H. Zhang. Predicting
Internet Network Distance with Coordinates-Based Approaches.
In Proc. IEEE INFOCOM 2002.
- Krishna P. Gummadi, Stefan Saroiu and Steven D. Gribble, King:
stimating latency between arbitrary internet end hosts, in Proceedings
of the 2nd ACM Sigcomm Internet Measurement Workshop 2002.
- Yan Chen, Khian Hao Lim, Randy H. Katz, Chris Overton, On
the stability of network distance estimation, Special issue
on the PAPA 2002 workshop.
- Liying Tang, Mark Crovella, Virtual
Landmarks for the Internet, Internet Measurement Conference
- Hyuk Lim, Jennifer Hou, Chong-Ho Choi, Constructing
Internet Coordinate System Based on Delay Measurement, Internet
Measurement Conference 2003
- Zhi-Li Zhang, Vinay J. Ribeiro, Sue Moon, Christophe Diot, Small-Time
Scaling Behaviors of Internet Backbone Traffic: An Empirical Study,
in Proc. IEEE INFOCOM, 2003.
- Neil Spring, Ratul Mahajan, and Thomas Anderson, Quantifying
the Causes of Path Inflation, SIGCOMM 2003.
- N. Spring, D. Wetherall, and T. Anderson, Reverse-engineering
the Internet, in Proc. of the 2nd Workshop on Hot Topics in
Networks, Nov. 2003.
- Pravin Bhagwat, Bhaskaran Raman, Dheeraj Sanghi., Turning
802.11 Inside-Out, HotNets 2003
- Sally Floyd and Eddie Kohler, Internet
Research Needs Better Models, SIGCOMM 2003. See also Sally
Floyd's Model page.
Metric Estimation Systems IEEE Distributed System On-Line contains
some more related papers
- Backtracking Intrusions
by Sam King and Pete Chen
- Bro: A System for Detecting
Network Intruders in Real-Time by Vern Paxson
- R. Robbins. " Distributed Intrusion Detection Systems: An
Introduction and Review," SANS institute, January 2002.
- R. Janakiraman, M. Waldvogel, Q. Zhang. " Indra: A peer-to-peer
approach to network intrusion detection and prevention," Proceedings
of IEEE WETICE 2003.
- S. Staniford-Chen etc. " GrIDS A Graph-Based Intrusion Detection
System for Large Networks," Proceedings of the 19th National
Information Systems Security Conference.
- T. Bass. " Intrusion Detection Systems and Multisensor Data
Fusion," Communications of ACM, April 2000
- Security of Internet Services/Protocols
- Wireless Security
- Sensor Networks [Routing, Broadcast, Power Saving, ...]
- Ad Hoc Networks [Location Management, Routing, Power Consumption,
- Trust management
- Matt Blaze, Joan Feigenbaum, John Ioannidis, Angelos D. Keromytis,
The Role of Trust Management
in Distributed Systems Security, In Secure Internet Programming:
Issues in Distributed and Mobile Object Systems, Springer-Verlag
Lecture Notes in Computer Science State-of-the-Art series, pp. 185
- 210, Berlin 1999.
- Blaze, M., Feigenbaum, J., Ioannidis, J., and Keromytis, Trust
management for IPsec, In ACM Transactions on Information and
System Security (TISSEC)
- Tyrone Grandison and Morris Sloman, A
Survey of Trust in Internet Applications, IEEE Communications
Surveys, Fourth Quarter, 2000.
- Matt Blaze, John Ioannidis, Angelos D. Keromytis, Trust
Management and Network Layer Security Protocols, 1999 Cambridge
Protocols Workshop. Cambridge, April 1999.
KeyNote Trust-Management System web page