Sreyasee Das Bhattacharjee
Dr. Sreyasee Das Bhattacharjee, PhD
Assistant Professor of Teaching & Research
Davis Hall #349
Department of Computer Science & Engg.
State University of New York at Buffalo
Ph # (716)-645-4769
Sreyasee Das Bhattacharjee is a faculty member in the Computer Science and Engineering department at SUNY Buffalo . Before that, she was an adjunct faculty and postdoctoral fellow at the Computer Science Dept of UNC Charlotte. Prior to moving to the United States, she was a research fellow at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore. Sreyasee has worked as a Visiting Research Scholar at the University of Western Australia (UWA), Perth and scientist at the Aeronautical Development Lab (ADE) of Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Govt of India, in Bangalore, India. She received the Ph.D. degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, M.Tech. degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, and M. Sc Mathematics from Chennai Mathematical Institute, India.
Her current research interests cover multimodal data analytics, pattern discovery for time-series analysis, educational data mining, visual object search and retrieval, natural scene understanding, machine learning, natural language processing, visual analytics and collaborative systems. She has collaborated with a number of external collaborators from JPL, NASA, Department of Astronomy, California Institute of Technology, Department of General Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, OMRON Industrial Automation, etc.
- Best Paper Award, 4TH Big Data Transfer Learning (BDTL) Workshop, IEEE Int. Conference in Big Data 2019
- Best Paper Award, International Workshop on Big Data Analytic for Cyber Crime Investigation and Prevention, IEEE Int. Conference in Big Data 2017
- IBM Ph.D. fellowship award in 2008
- Australian Endeavour Research Fellowship, 2007 offered by Department of Education, Science and Training, Australian Govt.
- Rhaghaba Shastri Endowment Scholarship in 2002 from Chennai Mathematical Institute.
- National Scholarship 2000, offered by Ministry of Human Resource & Development, Govt of India.
- Sreyasee D.B , William J. Tolone, Ashish Mahabal, Mohammed Elshambakey, Isaac Cho, Abdullah al-Raihan Nayeem, Junsong Yuan, George Djorgovski, Multi-View, Generative, Transfer Learning for Distributed Time Series Classification, (Best Paper) Big Data Transfer Learning (BDTL) Workshop, IEEE International Conference in BigData, 2019.
- Sreyasee D.B. , William J. Tolone, Multimodal, Context-Aware, Feature Representation Learning for Classification and Localization , IEEE International Conference in BigData, 2019.
- Zhenhua Huang, Xun Wang, Liping Cai, Yong Tao, William J. Tolone, Mohammed El-Shambakey; Sreyasee D.B, Isaac Cho, ‘Blast Risk Assessment of Wood Residential Buildings: West Fertilizer Plant Explosion Case’, (Accepted) Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, 2019.
- Sreyasee D.B., William J. Tolone, Mohammed Elshambakey, Isaac Cho, Ashish Mahabal, George Djorgovski, View-Adaptive Weighted Deep Transfer Learning for Distributed Time-Series Classification , COMPSAC 2019: Data Driven Intelligence for a Smarter World, 2019
- Sreyasee D.B, William J. Tolone, Identifying Malicious Social Media Contents using Multi-View Context-Aware Active Learning , Elsevier Journal of Future Generation of Computer Science (FGCS)-Special Issue on Cyber Threat Intelligence and Analytics, 2019
- Omer T Karaguzel, Mohammed Elshambakey, Yimin Zhu, Tianzhen Hong, William J Tolone, Sreyasee D.B, Isaac Cho, Wenwen Dou, Haopeng Wang, Siliang Lu, Mohamed Khalefa, Yong Tao, Open Computing Infrastructure for Sharing Data Analytics to Support Building Energy Simulations , Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, 2019 .
- Sreyasee D.B., William J. Tolone, Mohammed Elshambakey, Isaac Cho, Ashish Mahabal, George Djorgovski, Context-Aware Deep Sequence Learning with Multi-View Factor Pooling for Time Series Classification , IEEE Int. Conference in Big Data, 2018 .
- Sreyasee D.B , Junsong Yuan, Yicheng Huang, Jingjing Meng, Lingyu Duan, Query Adaptive Multi-View Object Instance Search and Localization using Sketches , IEEE Tran. MultiMedia, 2018 .
- Sreyasee D.B, Bala Venkatram Balantrapu, William J. Tolone, Ashit Talukder, Identifying Extremism in Social Media with Multi-view Context-Aware Subset Optimization , (As a best paper, pre-selected for Elsevier FGCS-Special Issue on Cyber Threat Intelligence and Analytics) International Workshop on Big Data Analytic for Cyber Crime Investigation and Prevention, IEEE Int. Conference in Big Data, 2017 .
- Mohammed Elshambakey, Mohamed Khalefa, William J Tolone, Sreyasee D.B, Huikyo Lee, Luca Cinquini, Shannon Schlueter, Isaac Cho, Wenwen Dou, Daniel J Crichton, Towards a distributed infrastructure for data-driven discoveries & analysis , IEEE Int. Conference on Big Data 2017.
- Sreyasee D.B, Ashit Talukder, Bala Venkatram Balantrapu, Active Learning Based News Veracity Detection with Feature Weighting and Deep-Shallow Fusion , IEEE Int. Conference on Big Data, 2017 .
- Sreyasee D.B, Ashit Talukder, Ehab-E-Alshaer, Pratik , Prioritized Active Learning for Malicious URL Detection using Weighted Feature Updates , IEEE Int. Conference in Intelligence and Security Informatics (ISI), 2017 .
- Sreyasee D.B, Ashit Talukder, Graph clustering for Weapon Discharge Event detection and Tracking in Infrared Imagery using Deep Features , (Invited Paper) SPIE Conference in Pattern Recognition and Tracking, 2017 .
- Sreyasee D.B, Junsong Yuan, Zhang Jiaqi, Yap-Peng Tan, Context-Aware Graph-Based Analysis for Detecting Anomalous Activities , IEEE Int. Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME), 2017.
- Weixiang Hong, Junsong Yuan and Sreyasee D.B., Fried Binary Embedding for High-Dimensional Visual Features , IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), 2017 .
- Tan Yu, Yuwei Wu, Sreyasee D.B. and Junsong Yuan, Efﬁcient Object Instance Search Using Fuzzy Object Matching, AAAI Conference in Artificial Intelligence, 2017.
- Sreyasee D.B, Junsong Yuan, Weixiang Hong, Xiang Ruan, Query adaptive instance search using sketches, ACM Int. conference on MultiMedia, 2016.
- Sreyasee D.B., Junsong Yuan, Lingyu Duan, Yap-Peng Tan , Query Adaptive Small Object Search using Shape aware descripotors , IEEE Tran. MultiMedia, 2016 .
- Sreyasee D.B., Junsong Yuan, Lingyu Duan, Yap-Peng Tan, Query Adaptive Logo Search using Shape aware descripotors , ACM Int. conference on MultiMedia, 2015.
- Sreyasee D.B., Anurag Mittal, Part-based Deformable Object Detection with a Single Sketch , Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU), Elsevier, 2015.
- Smit Marvania, Sreyasee D.B., Venkatesh M., Anurag Mittal Drawing an Automatic Sketch of Deformable Objects using only a few images , NORDIA , European Conference in Computer Vision, 2012
- CSE 368: Introduction to Artificial Intelligence, Fall 2019, Fall 2020
- CSE 410: Special Topics, Introduction to Deep Learning, Fall 2019
- CSE 4/562: Database Systems, Spring 2020
- CSE 4/574: Introduction to Machine Learning, Spring 2020
- CSE 4/555: Introduction to Pattern Recognition, Fall 2020
- CSE 4/510: Trustworthy and Explainable AI, Fall 2020
- Member, IEEE; Member AAAS
- Reviewer, IEEE Trans. on Image Processing (T-IP)
- Reviewer, IEEE Trans. on Multimedia (TMM)
- Reviewer, Computer Vision and Image Understanding (CVIU )
- Reviewer, EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing (JASP)
- Tech. Program Committee Member, 2nd International Workshop on Big Data Analytic for Cybercrime Investigation and Prevention, co-located with IEEE Big Data conference that will take place in Seattle, USA on 10-13 December, 2018.
- Tech. Program Committee Member, Multi-Sensor for Action and Gesture Recognition (MAGR), ACPR 2019 Workshop, Auckland, New Zealand
- Tech. Program Committee Member, The 1st International Workshop on Human-oriented Intelligent Defence Against Malware Threats (HIDAMT), 28th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IJCAI) 2019